Portraits from Artists for our
“Looking Through the Illness” Project
Portraits of someone with mental illness, a loved one of someone with MI, portraits of general friendly advocates for change, and portraits of us as a whole collective of creative, artistic, and beautiful creatures.
Concerning our “Looking Through the Illness” project I wanted to make some clarifications.
- It has to be a portrait with a clear representation of illness in it.
- It does not have to be a photograph.
- It does not have to be a portrait of you it can be someone else or fictional.
- The individual does not have to wear a hospital gown or scrubs in the portrait.
- The feeling the portriat emotes can be negative, positive or neutral.
- I will not excet anything that appears to be promoting self harm.
- I will not except anything that PROMOTES harm to others physically or emotionally.
- I will not except anything that promotes suicide.
If I have any doubts about your piece I will kindly email you about it and we can work something out. Despite the project I still am accepting the usual submissions! And am always happy to see them!
If you have a project idea pitch it to me at Emmaoftheimpact@gmail.com